Role of the Teacher
- Talk to students about project ideas.
- Challenge students to research topics in scientific journals or on the internet to find out what has been accomplished in a subject area.
- Encourage students to prepare a research proposal based on criteria listed elsewhere on this website.
- Review and sign off on their proposal before it is submitted to the SBCC.
- After learning that the proposal has been accepted, assist the students to contact the suggested mentor.
- Encourage students to begin their research.
- Ask students to keep you informed of their progress.
- Attend the competition.